YOGA IN LA: the animated guide
You’ve always wanted to know how the other half
lives yogas. This is my city. My lifeblood. My ‘hood. And this, this is how we California roll . . .
Your Guide to Yoga in LA:
1. Today is Kirtan?!?!?!
2. Chanel bag, perfect highlights, just hopped out the Ferrari. Front desk says class rates went up:
3. Real yoga housewives stop during Sun Salutations to dissect the class’ performance (*occurs only in Beverly Hills, Brentwood, or Santa Monica above Wilshire):
4. Real estate broker / “actor” / “producer” / douchebag plunks his mat down next to you. Again. His usual (how does this not work?!) line:
5. Your mat’s not Manduka?!
6. Uhmmm, Savasana?
7. After-class vegan snack at Cafe Gratitude or Rawvolution:
8. When we take yoga classes in other cities, states, countries:
I encourage you to laugh along heartily. But know this, if you aren’t from LA, I better not catch you talkin’ shit about my citayyy. You have to be from here for that honor.
La La Land, Represent!
check out Namastilo — my new yoga style/lifestyle/diy/fashion site — and the bangin’ series:
Dayum, Lo. Take me home. I lived, worked, par-tayed in LA for 25 yrs, and I’ve been gone for 20+, and it was JUST LIKE THAT and it kinda chokes me up to see it hasn’t changed because that’s the way Angelenos do EVERYTHING!
I just need a little moment here.
Heehee! This is certainly a yoga animal of a different colour. :D
We sure don’t have any yoga animals like that over here in Oz!
haha thanks! i needed that laugh.
Your list isn’t very far off from what Vancouver’s like now. You see the yogi world well indeed!