This heart chakra meditation is as easy as pie — pumpkin, apple, sweet potato, your pick. Sometimes the simplest things can be the very most powerful, bringing great shifts in energy and spirit. Set your heart freely soaring.
When the Heart Chakra is open + balanced, we are:
How to Practice INSTANT HEART CHAKRA OPENER MEDITATION:
- Close your eyes.
- Inhale deeply through pursed lips, whistling as you fill yourself with air, “Whewwwwww.”
- Exhale deeply, chanting a long “Laaaaaaaaa.”
- this meditation has no notated direction from Yogi Bhajan in terms of timing or posture.
- it seems designed to be done anywhere, anytime, for the duration that fits for you. suggestion: begin with 3 minutes.
- if you feel the need to do it while you are in your car (or anywhere else), do just that. if you can take the time to sit down quietly in Easy Pose and practice this meditation, that’s excellent, too.
- at the end of this meditation, i close (as i do with all my meditations and kriyas) with a long “Sat” and a short “Nam.”
Instant Heart Chakra Opener as written above © Y is for Yogini, adapted from the original meditation created by Yogi Bhajan.
Grateful for you, the gift of opening our heart chakras, and the healing power of love. If you have any questions or want to share your thoughts, I’m here.
(artwork credit: ann marie maxwell, with creative additions by YIFY)