In honor of the new moon, I am mooning you…figuratively, of course. You know, I’m showing you some of the goods.
Remember that episode of Sex and the City (I know you watched SATC as obsessively as I did…and still do!) where Carrie and the girls all fess up to their SSB — Secret Single Behavior? Carrie likes to eat crackers with jam while looking at fashion magazines in the kitchen. Charlotte likes to stare at her pores for hours. Etc. Well, I have some yoga secrets to share.
My Secret Yoga Behaviors:
- I secretly say “Meow!” and “Moo!” in my mind when I practice Cat/Cow. I have a strong compulsion to do it aloud, but it hasn’t overpowered me yet.
- My mat has to be perfectly aligned with the lines on the wood floor. If it isn’t, I can’t focus.
- In tough poses, you’d think I was playing a heated game of bball against my biggest rival. Only thing is, I’m shit-talking myself. “Suck it up, mo fo! What kind of a %*$$@ are you?!” I’m working on this.
- I like to wear my favorite slippers when I’m in Viparita Karani (Legs-Up-the-Wall pose) at home. So snuggly!
- Sometimes I write blog posts in my mind when I’m supposed to be practicing and paying attention in class. :P
- I stealthily feel up my own booty in yoga class to see if it’s getting tighter.
- I fantasize about bursting out in a brilliant cussing storm during a silent moment in class, then blaming it on Tourette’s.
Now come to meeee. Look into my eyes. Tell me your yoga secrets!
photo credit: guitarsolutions.net