Perhaps the comic books, movies, and cartoons haven’t covered it yet, but who’s to say that these fierce heroes and heroines don’t practice yoga?! I think they do. In secret. Like magicians, they never reveal their most powerful secrets. Yoga enhances, elevates, and hones their superpowers! They are Yoga Superheroes.
Which Yoga Superhero Are You?
- Practices mostly inversions
- Likes to wear all black to class, especially leggings
- Favorite Brand: Beyond Yoga (because, well, he is.)
- Yama: Ahimsa. Batman lives by his own code of ethics, which includes an interesting take on Ahimsa — that is to say, he believes it’s okay to beat the crap out of baddies, but he doesn’t kill them.
- Favorite Pose: Sirsasana
- Dark, tortured, and mysterious, Batman’s samadhi is found within the fight against crime.
- Fun, feisty, and no bs
- Favorite Poses: Digs sassy ones like Flip the Dog/Wild Thing and arm balances
- Practices partner yoga with Gambit
- Likes to wear cowgirl boots and splashy tie-dye yoga pants
- A spitfire who adores Breath of Fire
- Dosha: Pitta to the core. Don’t make her mad, y’all.
- Elegant, capable, and intelligent
- Favorite Yoga Style: Iyengar (layers and layers of depth, just like WW)
- Yama: Satya (Truthfulness), naturally. Even without her
lassoyoga strap of truth, she is always honest.
- Her invisible airplane takes her to all her fave classes incognito. She can do Jivamukti in NY and Bhakti Yoga Shala in LA all in one day.
- Favorite Poses: She of the killer core (and super cute gold belt) loves Navasana/Boat
- Has a penchant for starry leggings and blingy headbands
- You can find him at all the flying workshops. He’s so experienced, that he is usually teaching.
- Conquered Klesha: Avidya. Superman isn’t blinded by false perception; his sight is clear. One might almost say it was akin to x-ray vision…
- Has a strong Pranayama practice, but Breath of Fire is challenging. This is because Superman’s breath tends to run cold.
- Favorite Poses: Salabhasana/Locust and anything that can be done in a phone booth
- Enjoys blue leggings, “S” monogrammed yoga tees, and tying his Yogitoes Skidless around his neck — draped like, oh I don’t know, a cape.
- Super flexible with feline grace, this lady is badasana
- Favorite Pose: Marjaryasana/Cat and Savasana (purrrr)
- Pose She Hates: Down Dog (meow!)
- Her mat is Manduka Black — holds up well against her loooong blood red claws
- Like Batman, Catwoman only rocks head to toe black. Wears a black turban/headwrap that looks incredibly similar to a cat mask. Huh.
Now then. Which one are you?
photo/art credits: flowtv.org, marveldirectory.com, bestofbothworldsaz.com, supermanhomepage.com, wikia.com