I’m channeling that one cowboy comedian today. “You might be a
redneck yogi/yogini if…”
- you blather on and on about your practice to unsuspecting bystanders. oh lawdy, it’s a yogic drive-by!
- your non-yogi/yogini boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, sister, etc. now magically (and unintentionally) knows the Sanskrit names of most poses.
- half or more of your closet consists of yoga pants, sports bras, tanks, wraps, and yoga camis.
- the prominent men in your life are Patanjali, B.K.S. Iyengar, and T.K.V. Desikachar … and your boyfriend/girlfriend wife/husband sig other is a little green about it.
- you have a yoga blog. :)
- you might just promise your firstborn for the perfect, non-chafing, incredibly flattering, never-wears-out pair of yoga pants
- aside from practicing, you could read about yoga and wax yogi-poetic on Twitter all day. or is this just me?
- YTT, Namaste, sit bones, chitta vritti, jump backs, and chaturanga … all in a day’s conversation. Greek or hieroglyphics to everyone else.
Thank you, thank you, I’m here all week. (*and the crowd goes wild*)
Share yours with me!
photo credit: Brock Cahill