It begins as a mere tickle. Which turns into a merry prickle. Fear not, you are not sickle…and this, it is no pickle. It’s the welcome mat to a brilliant trip-le. Learn to recognize the signs, so you may buy your ticket.
7 Signs You’ve Got the Yoga Teacher Training Itch:
- You feel the pressing need to go deeper. Not cliched deeper…we’re talking digging your way to China deeper.
- When faced with a book like Asanas: 608 Yoga Poses, your heart twinges and you get awesomely, nerdily excited.
- You find yourself inordinately preoccupied with the A’s: asana, alignment, asmita (ego), anahata (heart), anatomy, and ayurveda.
- Right at this moment, your life has to change. It must. You know you are at a crossroads.
- Your leisurely doodles look suspiciously like yoga pose stick figures.
- You’ve always got a list of questions for your yoga teacher after class. He or she tries to run and hide from you, but you’re a persistent little bugger.
- You secretly imagine how you would change/enhance/va va voom the yoga classes you take.
If you are laughing, blushing, and/or shaking your head yes, I’m on to you. And it’s time to scratch that itch.
(Welcome to the first of a series of kooky-but-hopefully-helpful YIFY Yoga Teacher Training posts. They’ve been percolating for a while, but mad love goes out to my East Coast homie Dave, for the gentle push I needed. xo!)
artwork credit: 3-d-s.eu